We focus on offering high-quality, specialist and locally-owned, independent retail experiences. Our small to medium-sized units provide a perfect place for new or established artisan businesses to showcase their goods or services and build a committed customer base.
With nearly 50 locally owned independent businesses already in the Markets, you’ll also benefit from a wealth of fellow trader knowledge ranging from long-running businesses to other brand-new start-ups.
In addition we have identified a variety of criteria that new tenants will need to satisfy a selection of in order to successfully trade in the Central Market or the Fish Market. The criteria include:
- Be one of the identified business types in the list above and either be, or have the potential to be, skilled and professional operators
- Complement existing uses, and / or expand the choice / offer and add to the appeal of the mix of current businesses within the Markets
- Provide additional “retail theatre” and experience
- Be dynamic and engaging with customers
- Trade extended hours, particularly if providing food and/or drink as part of our evening openings
- Be based locally or source much of your product locally
- Demonstrate good sustainability and inclusive employer credentials
- Actively and continuingly trying to improve service levels and retail presentation / delivery
- Established and proven, either as operators or for the proposed use
- Good and effective self-promoters / skilled in use of social media and other marketing tools
- Best in class status, either proven or by design and delivery of shop fit / environment
- Award winners
- Independent with limited (typically less than 10) other shops
- Supply a quality business plan and sustainable trading forecast, and have a clear marketing plan
- Help to deliver the ambitions and targets of the Strategic Review.